This announcement has been a long time coming for us. We recently announced our yardage, we have for sale. Now, we are happy to tell you about our newest collaboration with Chairloom, who recently made our amazing new Co-Lab storage ottoman with mid century feet (which are made of walnut - stop by the shop to see it in person - it’s gorgeous!)
Wouldn’t this storage bench look so great with matching curtains for a nursery? Or paired with a matching headboard in a master suite? Please contact us for fabric samples or if you are interested in a custom ottoman of your own!
Ah, love. What a great thing to celebrate. It’s our favorite holiday to design for too! You can send Valentines to friends and family and to anyone you love. Check out the ones we’ve made for this year! You can buy them on etsy or on our online shop! Also, shop us on etsy and buy any three cards for $12.00!
This one features Hope the Beagle.
Hello Chickadees -
How’s the new year treating you? We are doing well into week two of 2013 and thought it time to revisit last year’s resolutions. I’ve just re-read my list and I have to say, I’m quite pleased. I accomplished a boat load more than expected! Huzzah!
Here’s the list:
1. Learn to use my camera properly and take MUCH better photos (start by reading the manual?) - for me this was a fail BUT someone here (Jess) learned to use it, so I’m giving myself 1 pt. ;)
2. Hang that blessed CUSTOM WEDDINGS sign outside my shop! DONE! 1 pt.
3. Get better use out of my expensive archival inkjet printer (manual??) – ek, no.
4. Buy a Serger and make some use of my Fashion Degree by making a few clothes – double fail.
5. Have printed running yardage available (upholster a chair for the shop window) - This is very exciting news indeed - we are excited to soon formally announce our new yardage. Also, Upholsteress found, ottoman rolling out sometime in early 2013. Whoopie!
6. Work on a new line of Organic Cotton Voile Crib bedding for next holiday season – changed direction and made have swaddle sets instead! 1 pt.
7. Create a new digital line of paper goods - cards, calender, journals etc.. DONE! 1 pt. and more to come!
8. Finish my Letterpress Weddings Collection once and for all! Nope…but almost there.
9 Formulate a digital template based on my 2010 Family Tree Design - YES!
10. Design an Animal Alphabet for posters and small limited archival runs – Sadly, no. Haven’t got past “A for anteater”.
11. Create a portfolio of prints for Licensing - no - but may revisit this.
12. Illustrate a Children’s Book – Funny how resolutions work, I gave this to the universe and they delivered an agent to me in the form of a letterpress client. Book is in the making - stay tuned.
13. Hire an employee to help with all of the above – WEEEE & SHE’S AWESOMETOWN.
14. Take a vacation somewhere warm (England /New Zealand does not count) – In April, Simon and I went to Jamaica! AND we’re about to take off for San Francisco! (even though it’s 2013)
15. Practice more Yoga and work less hours – yeah, due to number 13 happening, thank goodness!
And now here are my 13 new resolutions for 2013’s. Cross your fingers for me pals!
1. Reach out and be featured in one new blog a month.
2. Increase online sales through our website and etsy.
3. Re-enter the wholesale game…dare I say?
4. Aquire at least 4 new custom clients a month.
5. 1000 Facebook friends by next January.
6. More giveaways.
7. Work on my children’s book.
8. Hire a shop person for the weekend…so I can actually have weekends.
9. Read everyday - whatever it may be (D-listed does NOT count).
10. Expand our stationery line.
11. Finish Wedding book ;)
12. Take one company inspiration field trip per season.
13. Re-do our FOXY studio!
We thought we would share a few of our favorite holiday cards with you. I know, I know…we’re late. But it doesn’t take away from how happy we are with these cards and they way they came out. Here’s a snapshot of what our holiday was like!
This snowy city scene was for a Doctor in Manhattan.
We updated a book agents “You’re Welcome” cards to say “Happy Holidays!”
For one of our favorite clients in London!
Look at sweet Baby William. He arrived smack dab in the middle of Hurrican Sandy! What a way to enter the world!
A holiday card for our friends at Bird.
A holiday birth announcement for another new baby!
We love the silhouettes on the back of this one.
This little guy turned ONE! We did his birth announcement just last year…!
Hello Friends & a Happy New Year to you. We are really excited for 2013 and all it has to offer and can’t wait to share a bunch of new things with you soon. On a personal note, thank you for your support in 2012 and I hope it was as good a year for you as it was us. We’re so lucky to have you in our lives!
We thought we’d take a moment to look back on the last year and highlight a few events and releases we overlooked. We are so proud of how far Foxy & Winston has come and where we are going! Here’s a look at the top 6 highlights of our year!
6. Martha Stewart’s American Made Workshop at Grand Central.
(photo by Fernando Leon)
We were pleased as punch to be part of this line-up in October. We met and chatted with hundreds of artists and crafters for three days in Grand Central Station. It was a great way to debut some new product as well!
5. Martha Stewart Radio.
Last Spring I was a guest on Martha Stewart Radio talking about turning my craft into a career. Check out that head set!
4. November Issue of Martha Stewart Living.
Again, a great big thanks to Martha for this inclusion. In the summer, we went to the fabulous Martha Stewart offices in Chelsea to team up with the Crafts Department and screen print some very cool textiles that were included in the Thanksgiving Issue of Martha Stewart Living. The first picture is what I made and the second is how it looked in print!
3. New Branding Jobs
One of our favorite things to do is draw for people…especially if our drawing helps get their point across. We did a few jobs this year that are noteworthy and wanted to share them with you!
a. Ms. Milholland - a Brooklyn shopping experience.
b. Big Nuts Granola - a yummy Granola company.
c. Dogspeak - I bet you can find our favorite pup somewhere in there!
2. Meeting the Mayor!
This was a close tie with number 1 but what an honor! Mayor Bloomberg strolled into the shop in early December after touring some of the more devastated areas of Red Hook after Sandy. He purchased a red pig for his daughter and was introduced to Foxy herself!
1. Being named Best Letterpress Printer by New York Magazine for 2012.
Oh it’s been so much fun sharing all the new things in the shop these last few weeks. While we won’t be doing a gift guide anymore, we’re sure to release new items and stationery as they appear and are made in our shop! Thanks for reading!
And finally a gift…for YOU! What better way then to bighten up your spirits and get you in the holiday mood than with these little pals…Bob Robin and his little tiny friend Pepper!
We’re almost there kids! These amazing metallic leather purses are perfect for your pal who’s got loads of parties to attend this new year’s eve…so festive!
Oh, those old apartments…lots of charm but hardly any amenities. We think this giraffe toilet paper holder will do just the thing. Available in the shop!
An anchor doorstop to keep the noise out!…enough said ;) Available in the shop!
…or bartender as us pedestrians like to call them ;) What about these fabu wooden muddlers and reamers? Throw in some measuring spoons for bitters and sugar and you’ve got the perfect gift! I’ll take a Manhattan, tout suite!
She’s so easy to buy for…she loves everything you give her because you’re her cool auntie that lives in Brooklyn, of course. These adorbs little angel bunnies should do the trick this year, don’t you think?
He’s so dear to our hearts and we think he deserves the best. Don’t you think he’ll impress his next date with a homemade udon-fest? And to accompany, sake served in these sake cups by SKT ceramics! Available in the shop.
You love them…they take your little people off your hands for a whole day 5 days a week and teach them amazing things about how to see the world and mold, shape and inspire them for years to come. They deserve the best…and an organized desk. Don’t you think this gorgeous jug by Perch! would look lovely filled with colored pencils? We do too! Available in the shop!
These might be the greastest gift you give…we think your Nonna, Nana, Grams or Grans will just adore them. It’s likely you’ll pick a pair up for yourself too…just imaging sipping hot cocoa on a cozy winter morning wrapped in these beauties. Available in the store!
See what I did there ;) Your beloved pet will thank you with a toothy grin when he realizes you’ve trimmed the fireplace with a grey elephant stocking…just for him!
Available in the shop (along with those adorable ornaments!).
He’s always into something…and wouldn’t it be nice if he looked cool when fixing and fiddling with things at home?! This tape measure will do the trick! Available in the shop.
Oh babies, can’t seem to keep anything in their mouths or keep themselves clean, can they?! ;) We think they’ll need this lovely set of Apple and Bee treats; a bib, a changing mat and a wash bag. Available in the store in two designs!